Thursday, September 25, 2008

WEEKEND AWAY 08-15-08 AND 08-16-08

What a fun weekend! We started out in Heber at Granny's house (a family home)...everyone headed up after work on Friday. We gathered in the "parlor" (lol I had to use the word gathered for the parlor...sounds so official!) and watched the olympics for a bit...GO PHELPS...and then headed off to "The Train Burger", as Peggy would call it, for dinner. Then back to Granny's for a chill night with the fam! We played a little Catch Phrase and I don't think we could have laughed more! Then mom, Curtis and I ended up sitting out on the porch late at night...no sound of the city...no big lights...no cell phones...it was so nice!







Saturday morning we headed off to the lake for a day in the sun! We rented wave runners and in the words of a wise man, dad ;), "no this isn't fun...this is a BLAST"! Mom packed a picnic...delicious! I had my beach bag with a book and I Pod...and yes, my cell phone :( I guess I can't go too long without it!


We found out right before we were going for the weekend that some of our favorite people were celebrating their 50th so of course we had to come back down for it! Dee and Loleta were like grandparents to us when we lived in West Jordan. They are such awesome people and such a cute pair after 50 years! It was fun to see the DVD their kids had put together of them...back in the day...high school sweethearts :-)
As if I hadn't done enough today...I had to stop at the Highlander to see Russ, Kurt, and Amy! This trip to the Highlander was well worth it...Russ sang! So funny! Cheers to the Highlander!!!




0 comments: