Saturday, September 27, 2008

SWISS DAYS 08-30-08

For as long as I can remember the girls in my family have gone to Swiss Days in Midway! I did say girls...this is a no boys allowed event! We invited them once...and we will keep it at that :-) It is an event that we don't want them messing up! When it comes to our Swiss Day ritual, we are pretty intense! You are welcome to join but hang on for the ride! We leave Salt Lake at 7:00 am sharp! (okay my mom wants to leave at 7:00 am sharp and I am not the best at that!) Up the canyon we go...and every car full of girls we pass my mom says, "They are going to beat us!" I think she is convinced that if "they" get there before we do all the good stuff will be gone. But amazingly enough, we end up with some great things after all! Mom hit the wrapping paper booth where people were fighting to get in! The cute chunky watches with inter changeable bands were hot! (we got ours last year ;) One of my favoirtes was a booth with hats! I love me a cute hat!!! With no babies and no husbands we get in and get our shopping done! By the time we are leaving the square, everyone else is packing in and walking from miles away!



One of our favorite things to see at Swiss Days...The Coe Girls :-)

Almost done! With bags in hand we are ready to head out...


A secret path to our new favorite parking spot! This is key to our success at Swiss Days! One of the best booths is on the way out and right by our parking spot!

We went against tradion of getting scones this year and went to Chicks in Heber for lunch. Great idea! The food was awesome and sitting and talking with my mom and sister was even better! Just the girls :-) Thanks for another fabulous adventure!!!


3 comments:

Abby and Eric said...

Well if you ever need golf lessons I am your lady. Golf is fun but it is also very hard. It takes a lot of practice but I bet you would be able to catch on. Always keep your eyes on the ball and use your hips! And remember that hot guys play golf! Watching golf on tv is a different story, I only like to watch when tiger is playing.

vijayfam said...

Technically.... mine is more current. I got the tape measurer for my birthday which in case u didn't know falls after Swiss Days... good try tho!!!

B said...

Kasey your mom looks great! I haven't seen her for so long. Tell her I said hello.