Friday, July 18, 2008

4TH OF JULY 07-04-08

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! Growing up it was such a big deal...we lived at the end of a circle and the whole street would get together and have a bbq and fireworks. Everyone set up chairs around the street and each family took turns setting off fireworks...it was quite the show! We don't do anything like that anymore but it still proves to be such a fun day! I had a small meltdown in the morning (I guess the harsh reality of the void in my life was a little much for me) but as always...mother to the rescue ;) So I met up with my parents, sister and nephew for the neighborhood parade around 8. I didn't realize it was such a big deal...South Jordan Fire Dept was there and followed all the little kids on their bikes. Sassy even sported her Proud to be an American tee! After the parade there was a flag ceremony and breakfast. The firemen parked the truck and let the kids get in and look around.
Then off to my sisters for a day at the pool which was just what I needed! It was SO hot and I loved it! Carter is like a little fish...I think my sister was lovin the fact that everyone wanted a turn taking him in the pool! It gave her a little downtime ;) We grilled out at mom and dads...always a crowd pleaser! I told my mom that being in her back yard is an "experience" and that is no lie! We have so much fun there! Then...off to Riverton to watch the fireworks! They put on a good show...and of course my dad remembers some "secret" parking spot from ten years ago and it still proves to be the best place to park! Carter thought it was neat for just a few...then not so much! What a fun filled day!!!

The "kids" hanging out on the fire truck...


My cousin, Tyler, getting ready for his debut as Super Man!



Conner and Angela watching fireworks
Carter hanging out with Pappa Jim


3 comments:

Nate & Lindsey said...

Super cute! I love the 4th

Megan said...

Oh, I love the pic of Miss Sassy and Carter!

B said...

What a great pic of superman!