Friday, July 25, 2008

GIVE ME SOME COOK PLEASE!!! 07-14-08

So I got a phone call about a month ago from my friend Joe asking a favor of me...take his wife to the American Idol concert so he didn't have to go! Um yeah! What girl would pass up a night out with her friend AND getting to see David Cook! Not this one ;) So I got and email from him with the info on our tickets and a few days later Bonnie called me totally excited saying, "Did you know Joe is sending us to the American Idol show?" We were like 2 kids waiting for christmas! We met up before the concert and had dinner at Parrot Head Grill (I 100% recommend it!) and then off to the E Center which proved to be an interesting adventure! I didn't realize that parking was such a nightmare! Of all the times not to have any cash, we picked the worse! Neither of us had cash and there was not a place in sight to park that you didn't have to pay. So we had to drive all over just to find a bank and then pay $10 to park and still hike a mile to the E Center. It was pretty funny that we were so excited to get there and had such issues parking!
When we finally got in and to our seats we had missed the first singer which was no big deal...they had the top 10 and they started with 10 and counted down leaving the 2 David's at the end! There were a few good singers ie: Michael John and Carly Smithson. I think a lot of the singers have had some great coaching since the show and are now finding there nitch! Cute little David Archuleta did an amazing job!!! He sang the famous Apologize, it just wasn't the same without One Republic, but he did great! He was so cute with the crowd and looked like he was having a lot of fun! David Cook was my favorite all along and seeing him in concert proved nothing less than awesome! He sang Hero (Foo Fighters version) about his brother and I serioulsy had tears! I love his voice and watching him is just fabulous!!! I can't wait for his album and tour! I'm so there!
The pics aren't great but you get the idea :-)

YUMMY!

Cook and Archuleta
The top 10

0 comments: